About Us

Monday, November 23, 2020

How Much to Hide

I closed my eyes and forced myself to take a deep breath. To think calmly and logically before I did anything stupid. Then I looked up.

    The fury in her eyes was red-hot. I could almost see the smoke steaming from her ears. The once calm eyes of warm chocolate looked more like a puddle of mud at the moment. And that was the worst part. Not the red face, or the glare, or even the hint of danger in her snarl. No. The muddy eyes were the worst and the muddy look came from the tears she refused to let fall. All the anger in the world couldn't overcome this moment because right now, she was furious. The tears proved just how much she cared. But those tears were her weakness. For once one fell, so would she, and nothing would be able to bring her back.

    I looked back down into the sink and splashed water onto my face. There. Nobody would see the tears.

    I tilted my head up to face my reflection once more and practiced the smile I would show everyone.

By Brianna Rae

No comments: