About Us

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Pepper!

Nine years ago September 1st, Pepper joined our family. On Sunday, August 30th, she said goodbye.

Post by Deandra Potterf

Tonight we say goodbye to Pepper. She was hit by a car sometime between 7 and 9pm. She was found on the side of the road by my bus stop. We don't know who hit her. I hate that I'm never going to see her run up to me and press her face into my leg asking for scratches and rubs. I'm never going to see her rub her bum on the wall or a pole. She was amazing and the most chill dog ever. She was the only dog I knew of that would let me touch her paws and turn it into a game of who can slap the fastest. She loved playing tag of war with her rope. She was always there when I didn't feel I had anyone. She helped me through some of my darkest years and help me overcome so many things. I can't remember anytime when she wasn't there for me after a hard and miserable day at school. I can't remember a time when she was grumpy or mad. I've only ever seen her growl once, it was when I was taking her on a walk and a guy was following me. She was always such a butt when it came to baths or getting her inside and past the kitchen. I would always catch her doing the weirdest of things. Like rolling in something dead and smelly. Or chasing skunks and getting sprayed. I have so many beautiful and sweet and funny memories with her. I can't imagine a life without her. She won't be there for me anymore when I have a bad day or when I want to snuggle on a cold day. I won't be able to dress her up in my over sized hoodies and shirts. Or put scrunchies on her ears or paint her nails and watch her run around trying to get it off. We had this running joke about how she would chase the planes and that she would never let them land in our yard. But she would let the birds land in the yard. I don't know what I'm going to do with out her. I can't stop thinking about how I'll never see her wag her tail so hard she would look like a little catapiler with long legs. Or that little upside down heart that was on her nose. She was so amazing. I'm going to miss you so much Peps. I know Heavenly Father is greeting you now and that you are watching over me. I love you so much girl. Even if you did steal my food when I wasn't looking. I'll miss you so much. I won't ever forget you. Never. I love you❤❤

We burried Pepper in our back yard behind the swing set she loved scratching her backside on.  It was always so fun to watch her scratch! Krista & Dominic came over at 11pm  from their apartment over by ASU to say goodbye & Brianna was being so very brave at her dorm at NAU-having just moved up 2 days earlier.  Some of the things our family said about Pepper-

You got the short end of the stick-when she was fixed she was accidently slipped wrong & had urinary incontinence, everywhere she laid down, she would leave a puddle of urin & therefore was very limited indoors. But still, you were a great friend. I'll miss you! 

You were always so happy! You would run up to me & try to climb into my lap!

I loved watching you be so patient & calm having babies, kiddos, bunnies, chickies & birds climb all over you! Deandra dressing you up in tutus & clothes, painting your toenails & such.  Running in the ocean chasing birds & rolling in dead stuff on the beach.  Going to Black River, camping & fishing prancing around with the pack we made for you to carry your own food & a pedometer to keep track of all the extra miles you would put in around us!  Always ready to get in the car, no matter where we were going or who was driving.  Always keeping the airplanes & helicopters out of the yard. Digging in the the garden to find a cool place to lay down. I'll miss you trying to sneak past me in the kitchen to be in the house when Daddy brought you in through the garage door.  Sure do love you, Miss Pepper!

I love you Pepper! You were awesome at pulling me on the wake board on the beach!

You were always a good dog. I loved it when she always tried to steal my food ;-) I met you when I was only 3 months old & everyone wanted me to ride you like a horse when I could sit up by myself. I loved you chasing me when I was running in the back yard. You always made me smile!





No comments: