About Us

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Making Progress!

 Sometimes it seems like the projects that I want to work on as a family gets moved aside for everyone else's. For example, swimming pool, outside landscaping (mostly for daughter's wedding reception), new cars, daughters moving out for University, tires for cars, kiddos activities, wedding, appliances that kill over & need replacing, etc. There always seems to be something or someone that trump's my project of painting the inside of our house. (And of course it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to to do with Tanner's dislike of painting ;-) ). It's a big undertaking with 10 foot ceilings & nearly 2600 square foot living space. Between the time it takes to paint so much area &the cost of supplies to paint, it has been set aside many times over the last 5 years that we have lived here. FINALLY this weekend Tanner & I jumped in! With the help of Uncle Dan & Tyson, Tanner, Brianna (home for long weekend from NAU), Cameron, Alea & I have been BUSY!  Filling holes, taping ceilings, baseboards, moving furniture & accumulated stuff, priming walls, painting baseboards & trim, ceilings & finally walls!

Just like all good things that are worth having, it takes time, patience, hard decisions, lots of communication, & elbow grease. As we have taken a break for Sacrament Meeting & rest today, my mind keeps turning to the last book in the Book of Mormon.

Moroni tells us, again, that all good things that are good are from our Heavenly Father & that as we seek out the good, the good will be more appealing & more good & blessings will be placed in our paths. He reminds us that doing & choosing good is not always easy. We must start with faith & hope, rely on Heavenly Father & continue to follow the council that He has already established for us. Then & only then-acting upon the already given council-will we have what our Heavenly Father wants for us. 

I KNOW that Heavenly Father's council is true. I know that this process works. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior & loves me as our Father does. I know that families are forever & I know that as I continue to work to be spiritually strong I will see His presence in my life more fully. I love my Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. I love my Handsome Tanner & my children. I love all the people why have helped me & my family grow closer to each other & spiritually.  










No comments: