About Us

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Kissing Fish Baby Quilt


I'm so excited! One of my next sewing projects! Kissing Fish Baby Quilt. I found some fabric that reminds me of fish scales in blues & tans. I'm anxious to see how it turns out!




Any sewing project I do, whether for myself, mending, as a job, or as a gift I start the project out with a prayer.  I try to think positive thoughts & continue to have a prayer in my heart on behalf of those who the project is for. This one is no different. I started out making this for somebody, but I chose to push too hard, too fast, assuming I knew who they were, when I don't. Not anymore, at least. Now, as I continue sewing, pondering & praying for who it belongs to I've come to realize the power of forgiveness & love.  I am truly grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who continues to guide & direct me, even when I misstep. Who doesn't walk away from me when I push too hard.  I'm grateful for the opportunities I am given to continue learning & growing.  Once I complete this baby quilt I pray I will know who it is for & that they will welcome it.  This is a new pattern for me. I've not done so much quilting & piecing & I am really enjoying the new twists & turns it gives me to work out!  I'm really looking forward to seeing how this quilt & experience end. But mostly I'm looking forward to the journey it has begun.

I'm still not sure who this beautiful quilt will be for. As Krista is a preparing to head off to Northern Arizona University in the fall & leaving home to begin her journey, perhaps I'll start making & saving the smaller quilts for grandchildren to come. Yikes! Did I really just say that?? My mom started quilting & piecing quilt tops after my youngest brother Joseph left, perhaps I'm following her example ;-) That is where my sewing began, after all!  In addition to piecing quilts & such for baby gifts, I've also enjoyed using my embroidery machine to decorate & personalize burp cloths as gifts. I do love to sew & bake & create!






While I've been able to finish up embroidering burp cloths & swaddle blankets, I've not been able to finish up the Kissing Fish quilt just yet.  My machine needs a tune up. So another project gets put on hold for a bit, or push my machine just a bit further..... either way, I'm grateful to have finished these! Now to deliver them! While we miss having tiny babies fresh from Heavenly Father's arms to ours, we really enjoy sending gifts to those who do have them now.  Babies are so very precious! I wouldn't give up any that I've been blessed with! Hold them close & love them. Never let them go. Smile as they talk to the angels before the veil grows thick. Don't blink. Things change way too quickly. Don't turn your head, they will be grown & gone. You have been chosen to raise them. They are only on loan. Love them, teach them, & you will see them again. 

No comments: